We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across the UK. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
About the Role:
As Senior Software Engineer, you will be working directly with our Platform Lead Engineer, CTO & tech team to build well architected, high performing code. You will:
- Work mostly from home with infrequent visits to our London Office to spend time with teammates and meet staff from other teams.
- Work on our core Ruby and Rails platform architecture. This will involve adapting and adding models, controllers, concerns, jobs and data structure to better map the construction procurement industry.
- Assist with the technical challenges that occur when trying to scale an existing platform. This includes preservation of life updates, critical security fixes and concurrent business critical tasks.
- Create and maintain APIs endpoints as well as integrations with external APIs. This will play a big part in achieving our tech and business goals.
A bit about our Tech Stack:
- Our main hosting platform is Heroku
- Our production database is Postgres
- Our main web application is Ruby on Rails, which powers our Next.JS website through an API.
- We work in an agile environment, using scrum methodologies to deliver features.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Significant commercial experience in Ruby and Rails.
- Pro at Git & love working in an agile way.
- Test focused - you actually want to have good test coverage and want to test first where possible. You think analytically and responsibly about what it means to have quality code.
- Excited to collaborate & support each other remotely. (We have hotdesking options if 100% remote is not your ideal)
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. You understand that start-ups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of chaos
- Passionate about tech, the customer experience and end to end customer journey.
- An inquisitive mind, always looking for new opportunities and never standing still.
- The ability to be able to ask questions and determine great results for our clients and suppliers through tech.
- A proactive individual with a “can do” attitude (self-starter).
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a fast growing team dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role!