Accounts Payable Assistant
We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
As a team, we’re obsessed with understanding the people and companies that build the world around us. Our customers work incredibly hard to construct and maintain the homes, schools, offices and infrastructure we use every day. These projects are prone to critical delays and huge cost overruns, and we believe fixing the supply chain is a major solution.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across the UK. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision.
About the Role:
- Ownership of a number of supplier accounts ensuring they are paid on time and kept happy!
- Managing queries with suppliers where invoices require further checks before paying and working with the Operations team to validate and challenge invoices where required.
- Keen to work with a modern suite of AP tools such as Dext (OCR), Nook (payment run platform), automated supplier statement reconciliations - and more as we build out our processes!
- Assisting with various month end duties such as re-coding of invoices, ensuring costs are recorded in correct periods.
- Collaborate with finance and cross-functional teams creating synergies.
- Day to day finance support to the AP Team Lead.
- Updating various team spreadsheets.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 1 year experience in a similar role.
- Proficient use with Google Sheets or MS Excel.
- Xero, beneficial (Dext and other AP tools too).
- An interest in pursuing a career in accounts payable / operational finance.
- Strong attention to detail.
- You are a collaborator who is comfortable working in a team setting.
- Down to earth, fun and enjoy being part of a shared mission.
- A problem solver with the ability to prioritise competing tasks.
- Able to multi-task, perform in a fast-paced environment & respond quickly to situational needs as they arise.
- Interest in construction and online marketplace sectors.
- An appreciation of the opportunity for development from working within a fast growing early stage business.
- A desire to learn through events and training onsite.
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a fast growing team dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a cover note mentioning why you’d be great for this role!
Salary: £25k - £28k base salary dependant on experience + up to 10% annual bonus.
- YardLink HQ
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve super served thousands of customers and projects across the UK.
Didn’t see the right fit? No worries, send us your CV anyway. Sometimes we can find the right role for the right candidate.
Accounts Payable Assistant
Loading application form
Already working at YardLink?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.