Salary: Up to £33k + bonus, dependant on experience
Location: Hybrid (1-2 days per week in King's Cross, London office - dependant on circumstances
We are a team on a mission to build the world’s best procurement platform for the construction industry. We’re re-imagining the supply chain for one of the largest yet least digitised sectors on the planet, to make ordering between contractors and suppliers easier, more efficient, and more cost effective.
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve served thousands of customers and projects across the UK. We’re growing quickly and are backed by fantastic investors, including leading venture capitalists and business angels, who share our vision. YardLink raised fresh investment of $17m in 2022 to continue expanding its technology and business.
About the Role:
As Credit Controller, you will be a key player in cash collection and building relationships with our customers at YardLink. We’re looking for someone that has a keen attention to detail, who is analytical by nature but enjoys interaction with customers and building relationships, too.
Reporting to the Credit Control Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Contacting customers by email and phone to remind them of upcoming and overdue payment dates as well as help resolve any queries they may have.
- Obtaining remittances from customers for their payments and allocation of cash receipts against invoices in the accounting system (Xero)
- Assisting with resolving queries from customers by working with Operations and Account Management teams, investigating information held on our systems, and raising credit notes where required
- Helping monitor other daily activity across customer credit limit usage as well as credit checking and setting up new accounts
Knowledge and Experience:
- A solid understanding of credit control activity (i.e cash allocations, statement reconciliation, query handling)
- A reasonable understanding in using an accounting system such as Xero.
- Ability to use Excel / Google Sheets and basic formulas
- Self-motivated with a strong sense of ownership. You understand that start-ups are unpredictable environments and are comfortable with a degree of chaos.
- Strong attention to detail, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Generally open minded and curious about the world.
- Team player and fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out.
- Prefers to do what’s right rather than what's easy
- Proactive and comfortable engaging people by phone and email.
- Polite and friendly communication manner, with the ability to be firm when needed.
- Happy to adapt working style and work on modern workplace systems; i.e Google Suite, Hubspot, Slack...
- The ability to be able to ask questions and determine better ways of working for YardLink
- Enjoys working in a team and has an innate ability to be able to build relationships.
- A proactive individual with a “can do” attitude
Why Join YardLink:
We’re a fast growing team dedicated to making YardLink a world class product for the construction industry. There’s plenty of opportunity for career growth, as you’ll be directly exposed to all areas of the business.
We offer a work atmosphere that encourages collaboration and support, and value everyone’s opinion so your voice will always be heard. We also offer a flexible work environment, a generous holiday policy and plan regular social events with the team.
If you’re interested, send us your CV with a short message to explain why the role caught your eye.
- YardLink HQ
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Since our launch in 2018, we’ve super served thousands of customers and projects across the UK.
Didn’t see the right fit? No worries, send us your CV anyway. Sometimes we can find the right role for the right candidate.
Loading application form
Already working at YardLink?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.